Where RPers can come and do what they do best, RP.

Latest topics

Neo-Chapter One/Operation: BINDING LIBERTY

Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Re: Neo-Chapter One/Operation: BINDING LIBERTY

Post  Jett-2213 on 18/11/2012, 3:07 pm

Reaver tried to come up with favorable outcomes to his situation. On account of his injuries, all possibilities for escape fell to one outcome: cooperate.

"Fine." was all Reaver stated to acknowledge her request, finding that he was tied to a chair in the middle of the bunker. He waited for her initial questions.
    Polly-0759
    Jvstice Warrior
    Jvstice Warrior

Post  Polly-0759 on 18/11/2012, 3:15 pm

Polly sat up in surprise and couldn't hide the smirk that crept onto her mouth. She hopped down from her crate and paced over to him. "Excellent. Now, tell me what you know about Helli0n. And do recognize it could be life and death for you. You're with us right now. You may as well be a renegade. We both know that they're not going to take the time to tell the difference if they find us."

My Character Log
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 18/11/2012, 3:22 pm

"Do not act as if you are clueless of what Helli0n is. You are an Isotope, after all." Reaver shot back, assuming a stoic demeanor to prevent Polly from acquiring any more satisfactions from him. As long as he dodged the major questions, he should be fine. The situation outside was also no hassle.

He was given orders to eliminate anyone who came in the way of the mission. Anyone.
    Polly-0759
    Jvstice Warrior
    Jvstice Warrior

Post  Polly-0759 on 18/11/2012, 3:28 pm

Polly rolled her eyes dramatically. "Listen, you little pea-brained servant, I need to know about what they're doing now. Why are you here? Plans of attack against the rebels. What 0ccult is doing. I know you must know something that can be of use to me and unless you start talking, we're going to be here for a very long time." She dropped her face close to his so she could whisper the next part seriously. "You don't want to be here with me when I start to get cranky."

My Character Log
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 18/11/2012, 3:44 pm

"I will take that risk." Reaver growled, unfazed by the threats. He had been conditioned to deal with a lot worse. This renegade leader was nothing like what he had faced before.

"I am only following my orders. The rest is irrelevate."
    Polly-0759
    Jvstice Warrior
    Jvstice Warrior

Post  Polly-0759 on 18/11/2012, 3:54 pm

"The rest is not irrelevant because I am asking it." Polly straightened threateningly and took a step back. "If you were in control of this situation, then it could be irrelevant. But you're not. I am." Her fingers twitched as the ropes that held him in place tightened quickly. "I control this universe. Physics, time, place. Everything that is relevant to you right now is in my control. I'm what determines whether this is a dream or a nightmare. And what determines whether you wake up or not." She grunted in annoyance as she sat on a closer crate. "I know about how you 0ccult boys work, okay? I know how to break you. I know how to make you talk. You're nothing special."

My Character Log
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 18/11/2012, 5:17 pm

"And neither are you." Reaver replied, going over what Polly said in his mind. So she had some experience with the 0ccult Division. How? If she had met an opperative, she would not have been there alive. That matter seemed important to the mission, as there was a possibility of a traitor.

"Who is the '0ccult' opperative' who has been helping you? An answer for an answer." He proposed, feeling a minor agony in his chest due to the ropes.
    Polly-0759
    Jvstice Warrior
    Jvstice Warrior

Post  Polly-0759 on 18/11/2012, 5:56 pm

Polly grimaced as though the ropes were around her instead of him. It took her a moment to find the right words to say. "He's dead now," she muttered evenly, meeting his eyes straight on, unwavering and determined. "You tell me your secrets and I'll tell you how he died." She knew it was unorthodox to make deals with prisoners, but she knew this was a special case.

My Character Log
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 18/11/2012, 6:12 pm

The operative was dead? That saved some trouble for the future. However, as protocol dictated, Reaver had to know how he died. To confirm it happened on another time.

Yet, the way the renegade leader acted upon thinking of the operative led Reaver to believe he was someone of great importance to her. That, you did not understand.

"My codename is Reaver." Reaver stated, revealing a piece of expendable secrets. He then waited for Polly's turn.
    Polly-0759
    Jvstice Warrior
    Jvstice Warrior

Post  Polly-0759 on 19/11/2012, 1:42 am

Polly squinted. So that's the kind of information he was going to give? "And my code name was 0759. That isn't the kind of information that's going to win you my secrets."

My Character Log
    Kirie 1314
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Kirie 1314 on 19/11/2012, 12:15 pm

Audrey's heart gave a brief flutter at the look Nathanael gave her, but that was the only reaction. Her face remained clear of emotion...well, clear, except for her furrowed brow at the situation, "Great, now run." She ordered; promptly spinning on her heel and taking off at a steady pace.

She knew Nathanael would be right on her heels. But would he always? He seemed to have softened his position between them in the last hour (the looks, the hugs, the apologies). He seemed in favor of what they both wanted (what he had refused after escaping). He seemed to actually care about her (proving the last year otherwise).

But would it last once they had gotten through this crisis?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kirie gently ran her fingers through Keiko's long tawny hair. She had automatically gravitated towards him after the initial indignation of Audrey casually demanding she watch over the G3. Knowing that Keiko wouldn't escape without her notice, the nature isotope then closed her eyes and reached out with her mind.

The birds not scorched by the blast of fire responded to her call; eagerly letting her into their minds. Showing her what she wanted to see, and moving where she still needed to see.

Her eyes still closed, Kirie reported to the group, "The Jvstice machines are heading straight towards us. Nathanael and Audrey will be back in just a few minutes...probably to tell us what I just said. And..." Her brow furrowed, "...there's someone who's attacking the machines." She wouldn't force the birds to fly closer, but she squinted to try and get a better look, "Dressed in black...and I think wearing some sort of mask. Wait!...he's gone." The birds didn't get a good glimpse at what happened, but one minute the figure was attacking a machine, he fell, and then he disappeared.

Kirie opened her eyes to the group. Seeing Polly and the Helli0n boy unconscious, Eric on he ground, and Allan still fumbling in the medical tent, she knew this was a difficult decision. Moving them to run away would be hard. Fighting with them still unconscious would be even worse.

"So do we take the fight to them," She asked the group, "Or do we run to fight another day?"
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 25/11/2012, 4:03 pm

Perhaps his information was a bit too vague.

"I am assigned the task of capturing Renegade Isotopes for reconfiguration. However, I am also to comply with Mortimer Protocol. Is that enough?" Reaver stated coldly, approaching a mental line of expendable information set by his Division.

-----------------

'Neither. We will ambush them here.'

Behind the nature Isotope stood the Masked Man, seemingly unharmed. His voice sounded distorted, offering no clear distinction of who he may be. In his hand remained the sword that had manifested during his fight with the War Machines, one that was clearly a Jvstice Saif.

'I trust that you can manage a minor skirmish such as that?' The man asked as he walked past Kirie towards the sleeping bodies of Polly and Reaver, showing that he was the same height as her.
    Kirie 1314
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Kirie 1314 on 25/11/2012, 10:03 pm

At the sound of the strange (and unexpected) voice, Kirie whipped around; keeping Keiko behind her while using her body as a shield for him, "Who are you?" She demanded; completely ignoring his words, "And how did you get here so fast?" The Jvstice staff had no impact on her, for she knew practically nothing about that world (after all, she had only been in it for an extremely short encounter).

Could they be ready for a skirmish? Ha! They were the original renegades. The first who had broken away from the clutches of Helli0n. They were veterans of the Age War, survivors of the Original 459 Halogens, and experienced rebels of dodging Helli0n and Jvstice at every step.

They were friggin' born ready.

But that didn't matter. Kirie knew there was more to this man than met the eye: both literally and figuratively. And she wasn't going to trust him to watch her back until she had answers.
    Polly-0759
    Jvstice Warrior
    Jvstice Warrior

Post  Polly-0759 on 26/11/2012, 1:09 am

A sudden burst of uncontrollable rage pulsed through Polly's body. "Is that enough?!" she bellowed furiously. Staring at this boy was practically impossible. It was like...he...had never left and was back at square one. A dog of Helli0n. She threw her fist through a crate and was glade to see blood slowly trickling down her fingers as she removed it. Dreams could be so real sometimes...

She closed her eyes and sighed. "I was stupid to think you would actually give me something worth my while," she grunted to Reaver, slowly shuffling back to the other end of the cave. "We'll just kill you, then. It was a waste of time and energy leaving you alive." She curled her knees to her chest and glared at condensation dripping down the cave wall.

My Character Log
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 5/2/2013, 8:54 pm

"No, you will not."

With that, Reaver struggled and managed to raise up to his knees, coughing and hacking from his injuries. Despite the pain, the 0ccult Operative glared at the Dream Isotope with apathy.

"This interrogation is a farce. Why am I not being torture? Why are you allowing me to speak against you? It cannot be because you are inexperienced in this. Perhaps..." With another grand effort, Reaver stood up, having found his hands bound. He did not care. He kept his demeanor strong.

"Perhaps I remind you of someone. Someone important."

---------------------------------------

"That is not important right now." The masked man said, taking a quick step forward. The second he left the spot, a metal claw came crashing in onto it; missing the man by inches.

"This, on the other hand..." Swinging his Saif behind him, the masked man made a clean cut through the War Machine's limb, causing the Helli0n contraption to wobble over the Isotopes and the camp.
    Nathanael--0023
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Nathanael--0023 on 6/2/2013, 12:11 am

Nathanael saw the War Machine just as he and Audrey skidded into the clearing, "Audrey!" He barely managed to get his fingers on her dress before he yanked her back into his arms. The War Machine's giant metal leg crashed down in the space she had just vacated a heartbeat before.

Then the Aussie looked over to Kirie and saw her protecting Keiko. As much as he resented her sometimes for her influence with his little brother, he knew Keiko was in safe hands. He took in the tall, dark stranger, but since no one was attacking him yet, Nathanael figured he was alright.

The War Machine, on the other hand, would not be alright.

Nathanael raised his hands, and from the still stormy skies above, he called down a bolt of lightning upon the giant metal contraption.
    Allan 0526
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Allan 0526 on 6/2/2013, 1:27 am

Allan watched from inside the tent, leaning on a post for support, his body weak from the previous fight. The strange masked man appearing out of nowhere and suddenly being trusted... It said something for the desperate methods of the Renegades if they excepted help from strangers without asking any questions.

He watched, that is, until the war machine wobbled dangerously, threatening to topple.

"Look out!" He yelled, running towards Polly and the lightning isotope, wishing he could run faster.
    Kirie 1314
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Kirie 1314 on 6/2/2013, 11:42 am

Kirie's tense hold on the woodland animals slipped when the war machine burst into the camp. Letting loose all assortments of battle cries, screeches, and hoots, the war machine was suddenly assaulted by hundreds of birds, some squirrels, chipmunks, and even two great horned owls. In the quick moment it was blinded, Kirie picked up Keiko piggy-back style, and saw Allan running past to the unconscious isotopes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Audrey's breath was momentarily stolen by the sudden yank backwards into Nathanael. However, in the time it took Nathanael to bring down lightning and for Kirie to unleash her animals, she recovered her breathing. Twirling the glaive once in her hand, Audrey cocked her arm back and threw her weapon like a spear at the war machine.

It flew straight and true, and the glaive hit right under the beak of the metal contraption: right into its weak spot. The war machine spasmed, made a strange dying sound, and began to tip.

((btw, sorry if I got the war machine stuff wrong. I went back on the old site to remember what it looked like and to double check the weak spot thing.))
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 6/2/2013, 12:34 pm

[[The war machines don't have the beaks anymore, they have the two moving antenna-like things under where the beak is supposed to be; each one a very lethal Order Ray.]]

The War Machine that lost one of its four mechanical limbs took Nathanael's lightning bolt easily. One of the many additions to the Helli0n-Jvstice machinery was a lightning rod positioned at the back of the Machine's body. However, a glaive to the hull was a glaive to the hull. Tilting, the War Machine next to the one without a fourth limb fell into the latter, and both plummeted to the ground off to the east of the camp.

Unfortunately, three more War Machines were right behind the first two.

Tensing, the masked man released his Saif, allowing it to dissolve back into individual nanobots that resided in his arm, before rushing to where a wounded Isotope was already heading towards. He, of course, reached first. Kneeling down, the masked man hesitated upon seeing the strawberry-haired girl, but only for an instant.

"You. Take the girl. She is the lightest. I shall take the man." the masked man said to Allan before taking hold of the unconscious body of Reaver, noticing that his arms were bound by wood. Not stopping, he lifted him over his shoulder with little effort.
    Kirie 1314
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Kirie 1314 on 6/2/2013, 12:45 pm

((okay, thanks!))

((and by the way Nathanael, Audrey is wearing something akin to a ninja outfit. Tight black pants and a tight black long sleeve shirt. Since her only skills are with a glaive and hand-to-hand, it'd be kinda hard to fight in a dress Wink ))

Audrey darted over to the fallen war machines and yanked her glaive free. Finally she was useful for something in battle other than seeing the future (which wasn't always accurate). Nathanael, on the other hand, was practically helpless without his precious lightning to call down; especially since they were surrounded by trees.

"Sam! Eric!" Audrey cried out, "Immobilze the machines! Try to throw something into their weak spots!"
    Polly-0759
    Jvstice Warrior
    Jvstice Warrior

Post  Polly-0759 on 6/2/2013, 2:25 pm

The twins exchanged a glance and jumped to their feet, ready to fight. After a quick, silent exchange of a plan they leaped into action. Eric applied his forte to the situation and immobilized the closest War Machine's legs. The machine's stalling was surely causing some grinding and damaging the machine itself, but that was obviously not enough. Sam did his own bit and applied extraordinary pressure to the order rays, ripping them from the machine and rendering them useless in a ball of metal on the ground.

(Posting makes me happy Very Happy)

My Character Log
    Allan 0526
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Allan 0526 on 6/2/2013, 3:12 pm

Taking orders from a stranger wasn't something Allan was accustomed to, but it would have to do. He bent down, wrapped his arms around Polly's waist, and in one quick heave lifted her up and onto his shoulder. Without looking, he knew the others would provide cover, it was what they did. With his other hand he grabbed his utility belt off the rack and ran after the masked man.
    Jett-2213
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post  Jett-2213 on 6/2/2013, 5:34 pm

Another War Machine, the one Sam and Eric had targeted, was slowly destroying itself, leaving only two fully functional ones. Leading the way for Allan with a limp body over his shoulder, the masked man heard shouting from a distance, and looked up.

In the not-so-distant distance, a squad of ANF soldiers were approuching to assist the Renegades. It was suddenly getting too crowded for the masked man.
    Nathanael--0023
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Nathanael--0023 on 6/2/2013, 8:58 pm

((oops, sorry Audrey. And Nathanael? Helpless? Please, he's not the 'lightning isotope' he's the 'weather manipulator isotope'. Just watch))

Nathanael, seeing that his lightning had no effect whatsoever on the War Machine (which really irritated him) resorted to another element. A strong blast of wind aimed soley at the nearest War Machine slammed into the contraption; causing it to topple into the second remaining one; just like Audrey had done to the first two.

"Shiela, stab 'em while they're down!" He shouted.

Keiko, not to be forgotten as a child cowering behind Kirie, made his first battle debut in front of everyone. A mass of furry blackness landed on one of the War Machines, and sharp ivory colored teeth bit deep into the weak spot. Razor sharp claws shredded everything else. Some of the electrical sparking hurt, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be solved by morphing back out.

Figuring Audrey would get the second one beneath the one he just killed, Keiko jumped down and stalked towards Nathanael. Though it was a nine-year old on the inside, on the outside, it was a lethal black jaguar that sat beside the weather manipulator. Keiko curled his sleek black tail around his big brother's leg, and Nathanael automatically put a hand between two black furry ears.

"Awesome work, Keiko....but give us some warning next time, won't you?"

The black jaguar snorted. He may be nine, but he was just a good a fighter as the rest of them. The animal instincts gave him the skills he needed in a fight.
    Kirie 1314
    Halogen Newborn
    Halogen Newborn

Post  Kirie 1314 on 7/2/2013, 8:29 pm

As Keiko shredded the first war machine, Audrey whirled forward; thrusting the weight of her body behind the stab of her glaive. Her weapon bit deep, and for good measure, she stomped down on the Order Rays. In a way, it gave the goth a triumphant satisfaction.

Helli0n had trained them to fight, and now it was biting them right back in the ass.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kirie, like Nathanael, wasn't happy with Keiko's actions. She knew better than anyone an animal's fighting instincts, but even still, the kid was only nine, "Keiko, your brother is right. I know you can help, but let one of us know before you go charging into danger." Her voice held a hint of a reprimand.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 14/12/2018, 3:16 pm